The MCS 300 integrates Synova’s Laser MicroJet® technology with a Makino-based platform. The 3-axis machine enables high-precision metal and hard material machining such as cutting, drilling and grooving.
The hybrid water jet/laser method provides precise through-hole drilling in hot section components of industrial gas turbines for cooling that require special materials such as thermal barrier coatings. Super alloys with or without thermal barrier coating can be processed in one simple step, without cracks or delamination in the ceramic coating and extremely low recast in the metal structure.
Compared with conventional laser methods, the technology’s “wet” approach offers a less aggressive ablation process without causing heat damage. The water jet continually cools the cutting zone and efficiently expels contaminants from the work piece surface.
The MCS offers a precise XYZ stage fully protected against water ingress, a large sturdy mounting table and a cast iron machine frame. The control interface with touch screen functionality is ergonomically designed and provides access to all devices.
Thanks to built-in subsystems such as laser generation and water treatment, the overall LMJ system footprint is considerably reduced. The running costs of the LMJ systems are low since there is no tool wear, very few consumables and low waste rates.
Metals: Super alloys, aluminum, copper, stainless steel, nickel, titanium etc.
Hard materials: Ceramics, polycrystalline CBN (PcBN), polycrystalline diamonds (PCD), tungsten carbide, single crystal diamond, CVD diamond
Ceramic matrix composites (CMCs): Zirconia, alumina, silicon carbide
Cutting, drilling, grooving, shaping in 3 axes, milling, dicing, engraving, profiling
- Fast and Accurate
- Drilling of 8 mm super alloy straight hole (diameter 30 mil/ 0.76mm) in 70 sec.
- High mechanical precision with a tolerance of +/- 1 μm (very small kerfs from 25-75 μm)
- High aspect ratio in hole drilling (up to 1:25) of 20 mm super alloy
- No focus control necessary due to long working distance
- No need of cutting assist gas or protective layers
- No or very little post treatment, metal foils cut without burs
- Smooth and Clean
- No focusing beam convergence resulting in perfectly parallel kerfs and drilled holes
- No mechanical stress and virtually no heat impact thanks to the water jet cooling capability
- Cleaner surfaces and less scrap since all waste products are removed with the water flow
- Low Running Costs
- Very few consumables
- No tool wear
- Low waste rates
|Working volume||mm (W x D x H)||400 x 300 x 200|
|Number of axes||3-axis/ 3+1-axis|
|Laser Type||Diode pumped solid state Nd:
|Dimensions machine||mm (W x D x H)||2140 x 4300 x 2000|